Are you bright, dynamic, highly motivated and interested in a career in healthcare management consultancy?
Do you want to learn how healthcare systems can be transformed to deliver better health outcomes, and would you like to be part of shaping that future?
If so, get in touch as we have flexible internships throughout the year.
Rebbeck works with health commissioners to accelerate their journey towards commissioning excellence and empower Australians to live happier healthier longer lives.
We are trusted advisors to many of Australia’s Primary Health Networks and leading healthcare organisations, and our client portfolio is expanding into other areas of the healthcare ecosystem. We deliver strategic advice and deep insights based on our international health system expertise and practically apply this knowledge to the unique Australian context.
Rebbeck’s Managing Director Jay Rebbeck has been based in Australia for 6 years, with Associates and permanent staff based in Australia and the UK. As demand for our services has quickly expanded, we are now building our team to meet our growing client needs.
Reasons to work at Rebbeck
Our Mission – The work we do improves people’s lives. Our staff feel good about the meaningful impact we have.
Culture– We are careful to recruit people that share our values. This creates a strong team dynamic that is fun and stimulating for everyone.
Opportunities for graduates –We are a growing company and hope that our successful interns will consider a full-time position with us after their studies.
Balance of learning and contributing – We want to give as much value to our interns as they give to us. Therefore, all our interns get a well-rounded experience including project work, consultancy training, personal development coaching and participate in team socials.
What You’ll Do
Work with the Rebbeck team on client engagements in a junior consultant capacity. Tasks can range from data gathering and research, developing impactful reports or support consultants to facilitate client meetings and workshops.
Receive foundational consulting training, based on our graduate induction training program. You will learn theory and develop new skills that are essential to the junior consultant.
Shadow senior team members, you will get an impression of a day in the life of a consultant by attending key meetings.
Complete a bespoke assignment; we will set you an assignment to complete through the course of your internship. The project will give you an insight into the business development side of the consulting business.
Attend team socials, we are a friendly bunch, and we like to spend time together outside of project work.
About the job
You’ll be based at our HQ in Brookvale, Sydney, working in a shared office with an onsite 25m swimming pool and gym.
There is a good level of flexibility in the role in terms of work hours and location – so long as the job gets done, we’re relaxed about where and when it gets done.
Who You Are
- Must be within one year of graduation at time of internship
- Bright as a button – with excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Insatiably curious to improve healthcare and understand what makes healthcare tick.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities
- Excited by the prospect of working with a diverse range of clients to address Australia’s most pressing health care challenges.
- An outstanding communicator with well-honed presentation skills.
- Versatile – you’ll be working for a small consultancy, so you’ll need to be able to swiftly transition between business development, client delivery and business operations.
- Highly motivated, thriving in a fast-moving environment. You’re comfortable working at pace, show initiative, and you don’t need someone to tell you what to do.
- Humble, honest and helpful – you’re a fundamentally nice person whom others want to work with; you build long-lasting relationships; people like being around you.
- Relentlessly positive and resourceful.