Digital Health Foundations
About the course
This course focuses on the fundamentals of digital health by exploring the key technologies, techniques and cultural dynamics that support the successful delivery of digitally-enabled models of care.
The purpose of this course is to help participants develop a strong understanding of digital health, and where and how to apply key technologies and techniques in delivering high-quality, safe, efficient, accessible and culturally appropriate service models.
This is a new course but has been adapted from digital health workshops delivered across multiple health organisations over the past 4 years. The materials have been refined through extensive co-design and real-world feedback. All our Rebbeck Academy courses are run online via Zoom. We use breakout rooms and virtual white boards to facilitate group discussions.
- What is digital health?
- The key role of engaged patients
- Patients as health consumers
- Mobile devices and apps
- Consumer health devices
- Data standards, including FHIR and SNOMED CT
- Remote patient monitoring
- Patient Report Outcome and Experience Measures (PROMs and PREMs)
- Behavioural health and gamification
- Digitally-enabled models of care
- Develop an understanding of digital health and its key components
- Understand how digital health technologies, techniques and cultural dynamics can be applied to the development of digitally-enabled models of care in Australia
- Identify areas of digital health for further study and research
- Learn how to intentionally develop a model of care on the foundations of a technology solution
- Explore emerging concepts that can be applied to current healthcare challenges
AUD$1,265 (ex. GST) per participant. PHNs with more than 5 team members attending will receive a 5% discount to encourage a shared learning experience.
3x half days of facilitated learning across 3 weeks
Interactive breakout sessions to facilitate shared learnings across PHNs nationwide
National and international digital health insights
5% discount for PHNs sending 5 or more staff to encourage a shared team learning experience
“This course turned my thinking on its head; I now approach digital health from a totally different viewpoint”
100% of survey responders would recommend the Digital Health Foundation course to their colleagues
Feedback from our July 2022 course
Please fill out this form with your details, and we will be in contact with further information.
Your training will include:
- 3x half days of facilitated learning across 3 weeks
- Interactive breakout sessions to facilitate shared learnings across PHNs nationwide
- National and international digital health insights
- 5% discount for PHNs sending 5 or more staff to encourage a shared team learning experience