About this course
This course focuses on the fundamentals of commissioning by exploring the key concepts and techniques that enable commissioning excellence.
The purpose of this course is to help PHN staff build a consistently strong level of commissioning capability. This course has been rolled out to more than 700 PHN staff from 11 PHNs over the past 6 years, and we have co-designed and refined this course through close working with PHNs from across the country.
All our Rebbeck Academy courses are run online via Zoom. We use breakout rooms and virtual white boards to facilitate group discussions.
For PHN staff to:
- Develop consistent understanding of commissioning concepts and terminology
- Explore the critical commissioning competencies required by PHN staff
- Localise commissioning concepts in an Australian commissioning context through practical application of techniques
- Reinforce the strategic role of PHNs to reform health systems
- Increase confidence to explain the value of commissioning to system partners
- Understanding commissioning
- Value-based commissioning (commissioning for outcomes)
- Health needs
- Enhance and procure
- Monitor and evaluate
Course dates and costs
The start of our next online PHN Commissioning Excellence course:
Session 1: Wednesday, 08 Nov 2023, 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Session 2: Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023, 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Session 3: Wednesday, 22 Nov 2023, 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Session 4: Wednesday, 29 Nov 2023, 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
- You can register your interest below.
“I had a serious light bulb moment when I understood why PHNs do things the way they do”
Next Course November 2023(excl. GST) per participant
PHN Commissioning Excellence Foundations Course
4 x half days of facilitated online learning across 4 weeks
International and national commissioning insights
Interactive zoom breakout discussions with shared learnings across nationwide PHNs
5% discount for PHNs sending 5 or more staff to encourage a shared team learning experience
Book a course
The 2023 Rebbeck Academy calendar is set. The next Commissioning Excellence Foundation course will be starting on Wednesday 8th November 2023.
Please fill up this form with your details and preferences, and we will be in contact with you with more information.
“Overall the best training I’ve been to in ages”
Please register your interest in our 2023 course.
Session 1: Wednesday, 08 Nov 2023, from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Session 2: Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023, from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Session 3: Wednesday, 22 Nov 2023, from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Session 4: Wednesday, 29 Nov 2023, from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm