About this course
This course focuses on the fundamentals of commissioning by exploring the key concepts and techniques that enable commissioning excellence.
The purpose of this course is to help PHN staff build a consistently strong level of commissioning capability. This course has been rolled out to more than 400 PHN staff from 11 PHNs over the past 4 years, and we have co-designed and refined this course through close working with PHNs from across the country.
All our Rebbeck Academy courses are run online via Zoom. We use breakout rooms and virtual white boards to facilitate group discussions.
For PHN staff to:
- Develop consistent understanding of commissioning concepts and terminology
- Explore the critical commissioning competencies required by PHN staff
- Localise commissioning concepts in an Australian commissioning context through practical application of techniques
- Reinforce the strategic role of PHNs to reform health systems
- Increase confidence to explain the value of commissioning to system partners
- Understanding commissioning
- Value-based commissioning (commissioning for outcomes)
- Health needs
- Prioritise and plan
- Enhance and procure
- Modify and evaluate
Course dates and costs
Our next online PHN Commissioning Excellence course will be starting on 2nd June 2022. Four consecutive Thursday mornings (10.00 am to 1.30 pm). To reserve your space, fill in the contact form below, and we will reach out with more details.
“I had a serious light bulb moment when I understood why PHNs do things the way they do”
Next Course June 2022(excl. GST) per participant
PHN Commissioning Excellence Foundations Course
4 x half days of facilitated online learning across 4 weeks
International and national commissioning insights
Interactive zoom breakout discussions with shared learnings across nationwide PHNs
5% discount for PHNs sending 5 or more staff to encourage a shared team learning experience
Book a course
2022 Rebbeck Academy calendar is set. The next Commissioning Excellence Foundation course will be starting on 2nd June 2022.
Please fill up this form, and we will be in contact with you with more details.
“Overall the best training I’ve been to in ages”
Book now for the June 2022 intake.
Sessions will be:
- 10:00 am – 1:30 pm (AEST) Thursday 02 June 2022
- 10:00 am – 1:30 pm (AEST) Thursday 09 June 2022
- 10:00 am – 1:30 pm (AEST) Thursday 16 June 2022
- 10:00 am – 1:30 pm (AEST) Thursday 23 June 2022