Digital Health Foundations
About this course
This course focuses on the fundamentals of digital health by exploring the key technologies, techniques and cultural dynamics that support the successful delivery of digitally-enabled models of care.
The purpose of this course is to help participants develop a strong understanding of digital health, and where and how to apply key technologies and techniques in delivering high-quality, safe, efficient, accessible and culturally appropriate service models.
This is a new course but has been adapted from digital health workshops delivered across multiple health organisations over the past 4 years. The materials have been refined through extensive co-design and real-world feedback. All our Rebbeck Academy courses are run online via Zoom. We use breakout rooms and virtual white boards to facilitate group discussions.
- Develop an understanding of digital health and its key components
- Understand how digital health technologies, techniques and cultural dynamics can be applied to the development of digitally-enabled models of care in Australia
- Identify areas of digital health for further study and research
- Learn how to intentionally develop a model of care on the foundations of a technology solution
- Explore emerging concepts that can be applied to current healthcare challenges
- What is digital health?
- The key role of engaged patients
- Patients as health consumers
- Mobile devices and apps
- Consumer health devices
- Data standards, including FHIR and SNOMED CT
- Remote patient monitoring
- Patient Report Outcome and Experience Measures (PROMs and PREMs)
- Behavioural health and gamification
- Digitally-enabled models of care
Course dates and costs
Our next online Digital Health Foundations course will start 20th July 2022. The course will run over three consecutive Wednesday afternoons (1.15 pm to 5 pm). To reserve your space, fill in the contact form below, and we will reach out with more details.
Next course July 2022(excl. GST) per participant
Digital Health Foundations
3 x half days of facilitated learning across 2 weeks
Interactive zoom breakout discussions with shared learnings across nationwide PHNs
5% discount for PHNs sending 5 or more staff to encourage a shared learning experience
Register your interest
2022 Rebbeck Academy calendar is set. The next Digital health course will be starting on Wednesday 20th July 2022.
Please fill up this form, and we will be in contact with you with more details.
Book now for the July 2022 intake.
Sessions will be:
- Wednesday 20th July 1.15pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 27th July 1.15pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 3rd August 1.15pm to 5pm