We have finalised a suite of practical training resources for Hunter New England and Central Coast (HNECC) PHN to assist local Residential Aged Care Facilities to prepare and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The toolkit consists of 7 modules, covering:
2. Coordinator Management
3. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
4. Environment Preparedness
5. Information for Families and Visitors
6. Priority Prevention Strategies
The toolkit complements national guidance and includes a highly practical set of resources, including:
- 15-minute toolbox sessions that can be delivered in Aged Care Facilities at morning briefings
- Posters to print out for Aged Care Homes
- Templates, such as a Pandemic Plan Template and an Outbreak Management Template
Click here to view the resources and please do share these resources with RACFs in your region.
The guidelines have a particular focus on the following three cohorts:
- Children and young people with a disability
- Children and young people with high behavioural needs
- (Therapeutic) Supported Independent Living – SIL and TSIL